Sunday, February 25, 2018

Near the Finish Line

Later today, the 2018 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony will take place.  I have spent a lot more time than usual in front of the TV the last couple of weeks watching curling, skating, skiing, snowboarding, etc.  While cheering on the Canadian Olympic athletes, I have been adding lots of stitches to my Snowmen/women picture.   Last Sunday, I finished off all of the snow. 


Later in the week, I worked on the outlining of the birds, snow people and their scarves.  There is still some work to do on the flowers in this part of the picture.



On this snowman, I need to add fringe to the scarf and outlining to the hat.  There are also some brown vines to add to the mitten/arm on the left. There is a bird sitting on one of the vines that will soon appear as well. I just noticed there is a half completed bird sitting on his hat too!


Once all of these last little bits and pieces are done, there are French knots to add to the birds for eyes and in several spots for bird seed.  With any luck, I will finish off these final details this week. 


The kit came with some seed beads to add as snowflakes in the sky around the snow people but I am not sure if I will add them or not.  I will have to decide after the stitching is done.  I will be linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.  It's always fun to see what everyone has been up to each week.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I am so looking forward to seeing this picture when it is finished. It is adorable. The outlining really makes those snowmen come to life in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable with so many details to make it interesting to stitch... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute x stitch and the end is in sight! I too have spent far too much time watching the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green hair growing on that snowman. Spring is definitely coming1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snow people are darling. Putting those last few fiddly details in can be time consuming, but so worth it. I vote for beads, sparkly is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, the sky could use the seed beeds. It is very blank right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice progress and it's been fun to watch it over time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Olympics has had me in front of the TV more than usual also. Lol. Keep stitching on this darling snow scene as it is coming together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete