Monday, July 24, 2017

A Very Shiny Nose...

Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, had a very shiny nose!


Tonight, I sewed the 13th of 15 Christmas blocks for the Sew Fresh Quilts Holly Jolly Christmas quilt.  I decided to make my reindeer block into a Rudolph block by changing the nose from black to red.  The eyes are quite small--only 1/2" by 1/2".  Here is my completed block...


I cut the pieces out on Saturday at the Guild Sewing day. There was a tiny bit of unsewing with this block...  I think Rudolph looks very festive!

Here are all of my blocks: (The partridge block will be going on the back of the quilt...I'm not fond of the brown--not enough contrast and it looks dull with all of the other colourful fabrics I have used for my blocks.)



I had a visitor in the bush outside my window yesterday.  This female robin was eating the berries off of my Oregon grape holly bush.  As you can see, there are not many berries left on this bush.


My red echinacea plant is in full bloom at the moment.  It is beside my front porch so I see it every day as I go in and out of the house. 


I will be linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts on Wednesday.   I have a couple of other finishes to share later this week, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. These blocks look amazing together. I really love you fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas blocks look wonderful together. I have never seen a red echinacea plant before - it looks awesome! I see someone had a wonderful meal from your berry bush :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable Rudolph block. The whole quilt looks amazing. Thank you for the quilting eye candy this afternoon. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Rudolph does look so festive and fun! Thanks for sharing your outdoor photos, too. The robin looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That dark background really sets off your blocks. They're so festive. I love that you made your reindeer Rudolph!

    ReplyDelete