Saturday, February 25, 2017

Making Blocks

I have been sick for a few days this week with what my friends are calling "the crud".  Today was the first time I was able to do some sewing as I am finally feeling a bit better, thankfully! 


First up...the poinsettia block for Lorna's "Have a Jolly Little Christmas" quilt along.  I purchased the red fabric with the dots last week at Mad About Patchwork.  (I actually came home with several yards of fabric, but we don't need to discuss that now, do we?)


Here are all four blocks that I have made so far.  The next pattern will come out two weeks from now. 


There will be gray sashing between the blocks (same fabric as the background--I had to buy more at MAP!)

Next up, I made my next comfort quilt block for the Elgin Piecemakers Guild.  The colours for March are gray, white and yellow.  I saw this block online at www.abrightcorner.com.  It is called Scrap Bin Geese and is under her tutorials tab. 


The one I saw online had scrappy grays and whites with all the grays on one side and all the whites on the other side of the yellow geese.  I decided to try something a little different with my block. 

I am slowly working on the 2016 Bonnie Hunter mystery as well and did some cutting today for the half square triangle units.  Nothing to show yet...

I want to do some more sewing this week.  Hopefully, "the crud" has left the building!  

5 comments:

  1. I hope "the crud" has left for good. I just saw the Scrap Bin geese block this weekend on another blog. I really like it. I hope for you a week of sewing, sewing and some sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are over "the crud"... I had it in November and again in early February, so I feel like I had my share and someone else's, as well! Even my doctor called it "the crud"!! Good news is...I think I am finally over it....
    Take care, and feel better soon!!

    Sandra B
    scb304@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better? Beautiful blocks and I like your flying geese colour choices,very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at the neatness of your blocks, the perfect points, the lovely colors, matched perfectly I have a feeling that you have successfully conquered the crud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I like the dark background! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete