Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Progress on some projects

What glorious fall weather we have been having!  I have been going for a walk for an hour most days and the colours are gorgeous!

I am soaking in as much of this as I can because we all know that cold weather and snow are coming!  

I love how the sun was shining on these trees as we walked through the woods. 

This one was taken on yesterday's walk. 

Meanwhile, in the sewing room, I have been working on some more snowman pillows...


I tried to make each one unique.

This one needed a bow tie, instead of a scarf.

Someone asked if I was using a pattern for my pillows.  I am making them up as I go along...I made a whole bunch of string snowball blocks in different sizes and I am building the snowmen and adding embellishments to personalize them.

These blocks are for comfort quilts.

I needed a hostess gift and found this 5 year old UFO in my sewing room, just waiting to be finished and gifted.  

Everything was cut out...
The background fabric is Essex linen.

I fused the pumpkins and leaves to the background...

And then used matching thread to button hole stitch them to the background fabric.  

I will be quilting this today and doing the binding. 


I am going out for lunch with a friend and then I will be delivering these to the venue for the London Friendship Quilters' Guild show in London.


Here are the details in case you want to come to the show!  I will be volunteering in the tea room at some point.


I hope to have a finished runner to show you soon!  

3 comments:

  1. You sure have been a busy stitcher! Your snowmen are all so cute and I love the close up shot of the leaves while you were stitching them on. You have a lovely mix of fall and the coming winter in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I really like the picture of the train tracks. That koi fabric is really nice too, and that snowman looks so dapper with his little bow tie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those snowmen are so cute! What a great way to use various strips! And your quilting is perfect! Thank you for sharing the color from your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete