Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sewing Night with Christine in my New Sewing Room


Christine came over to sew for a few hours last night in my new sewing room.  When I ordered my sewing furniture, I designed it with a spot for a friend to sew.  Last night was the first time someone tried it out and it worked out beautifully. We both had lots of room and could easily sit and chat while we sewed.   I put the blocks together on my baby quilt first.  I need to purchase some fabric for the backing before I can quilt it.

Next, I made a charity quilt block for November's meeting of the Elgin Piecemakers.  The colours are lime green and navy. It originally was supposed to be a disappearing 4 patch but I measured wrong so it turned into this:


At the October meeting of the London Friendship Guild, we were asked to make a few 6.5" blocks for a charity quilt.  --A brightly coloured 2.5" square surrounded by a light fabric...I made 4.


In November, we are also supposed to bring in two placemats for Meals on Wheels to the LFQG meeting.  I used some leader/ender tumblers to make one placemat.  I even quilted it so it is ready for binding.  I have more tumblers cut out to make a second one.


The backing fabric has snowmen on it.

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago as we ate our last meal on the patio for this year.  One of the shadows looks like a chicken to me.


We are supposed to have some rainy and windy weather for the next day or so...I think we are going to have naked trees by the end of the day tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you both had fun and were productive, too! I like those Christmassy tumblers a lot...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts. I can't have anyone over to sew as I'd never get anything done. I love the photo of the leaf with the shadow. Would make a great quilt

    ReplyDelete