Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Meeting Erin at the Stitchin' Post

While my husband and I were on vacation, we spent a night at a Bed and Breakfast in Lexington, Virginia. After checking in, we wandered downtown to find a restaurant to eat dinner.  We walked by several interesting looking shops and did some window shopping. All of the shops were closed for the day, but we found a few that looked worth a return visit in the morning.  One of these was the Stitchin' Post.  I thought the name of the shop sounded familiar but could not place where I had heard of it before until I looked in the shop window and saw a sign with the owner's name, "Erin".

We went back to meet Erin the next morning.

When I introduced myself, she knew right away who I was.  We used to comment on each other's blogs quite often.  Erin has not had time to do any blogging in quite a while. Here is the link to her blog, My Patchwork Life.  I told her I missed reading her blog and encouraged her to get blogging again!  I just checked her blog and Erin is blogging again!!!  Hooray, Erin!  She has this same picture of the two of us on her blog!

Her shop is delightful--she teaches knitting and sewing.  She sells knitting, sewing a crafting supplies as well as items made by local crafts-people.  I purchased some threads at her store.


Erin made the seat cover for this chair.


The other window...

There are free quilting magazines in that basket.  (I did not bring any home with me!)

A view in the doorway of the Stitchin' Post.

There were interesting shops all up and down the main street in Lexington.  This sign was outside the shop next door to the Stitchin' Post.  It made me smile!
 
 
When we were walking back to our B and B, I noticed this decoration on the door of a house on the main street.  Very fun!
 

1 comment:

  1. I used to read her blog now and then also - nice that you were able to visit her.

    ReplyDelete