Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Three finishes and my (late) stash report

I was outside on Saturday and noticed that my Pasque flowers are in bloom!  I love the fuzziness of the stems and leaves.

I have not had much time to sew lately. We have been busy with family the last couple of weekends and since the weather is finally starting to co-operate, we have spent a few evenings doing some yard work.

I made this selvage stool seat cover for my friend, Karen. She loves it! 


I did the binding on my aunt and uncle's quilt and it was given to them today. My aunt said the colours are perfect and it will look great in her family room. I hope it keeps them cozy while watching tv or reading a book.


Cathy did a great job on the quilting, as usual.


I finally had some quilt holders here on the weekend so I got a picture of my finished Great Granny Square quilt.

Again, this one was quilted by Cathy at Eagle's Wings Quilts.

I would like to have my daughter's room painted this summer and put this quilt on the bed.


It is quilted with swirls.

I pieced the backs of both quilts.



You can see my daffodils and my peony coming up in this picture.

I can see this clump of daffodils from my patio door off the kitchen.

And now for two weeks' worth of stash report in one report...

Fabric used in the last 2 weeks: 2.0 yards
Total fabric used this year: 92.15  yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last 2 weeks: None!
Total fabric added this year: 73.33 yards
Net fabric used this year: 18.82 yards

Christine and I will be getting together to work on Lazy Sunday tomorrow night so there may be more to show after that.

Bye for now.

3 comments:

  1. Love your Granny Squares quilt - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful show and tell! Congrats on the two finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version of the great granny..it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete